Archive for the ‘Police crime scenes’ Category

Camacho, 50, is said to be in a critical condition after a bullet hit him in the neck, fracturing several vertebrae and raising fears that he may end up paralysed if he survives.

The boxer had been a passenger in a vehicle fired on by unknown gunmen in the Bayamon region of the island, just southwest of the capital, San Juan, according to reports in El Nuevo Herald and El Nuevo Di, with the driver of the vehicle apparently killed in the attack.

The reports said Camacho was taken to San Juan Medical Center. It attributed information about the shooting to Bayomon district police captain Reinaldo Santiago.

what has this world come to?

originally from uk.yahoo.com

I have had many friends that have started playing eighteen’s at the age of 10. I am sure this is illegal. I myself felt left out from the others as i could not play any games that were over my age. I had to wait until I was the right age. What is going on? People playing 18’s at the age of 10. why aren’t these  people in prison? What is happening to this world? What can the Pollice do about this? What i mean is they can’t just go door to door asking people if they are playing or watching things they shouldn’t be. Please tell me how you think this could be resolved or if you were one of these people that played or watched things over your age.

Police hunting for missing April Jones today revealed they arrested suspect Mark Bridger on suspicion of murder.

The five-year-old went missing from the mid Wales market town of Machynlleth on Monday, with the search for her now into a fifth day.

Officers today said 46-year-old Bridger, who was arrested on Tuesday, is being questioned on suspicion of murder.
Welsh Police have until 5pm on Friday to either charge or release Bridger.

The revelation will come as a devastating blow to the hundreds of volunteers who joined the search for April this week in the hope of finding her alive.
While Dyfed-Powys Police and expert search teams have yet to find a body, after more than 220 officers were tasked with finding April since she vanished at 7pm on Monday.

The further details surrounding Bridger’s arrest were revealed by police to the press at 10.30am on Friday.

As the search for April turned from a child abduction to a murder investigation, police again asked volunteers to leave the search for the five-year-old to professionals.

Rescue teams search the River Dyfi near Machynlleth on Friday morning (AFP)

The grim news for the small Welsh town came soon after two women claimed they saw a man carrying a bin bag to a river the day after April went missing.
The two women who made the sighting are said to have been interviewed by police, who insist they are ‘looking into all leads’.

Carwen Sheen, 36, told the Daily Mirror: “I’ve told the police what I saw, it’s up to them now.”
Police said the ‘dynamics of the search’ have now changed following the ‘significant development’ in their investigation.

Police said Mark Bridger, 46, is being questioned on suspicion of murder (PA)Officers praised the public for the support and participation, but said it is ‘no longer appropriate’ for untrained members of the public to continue the search.

Describing the questioning of Mark Bridger, Det Supt Reg Bevan, of Dyfed-Powys Police, said: “He remains in custody at Aberystwyth Police Station where he continues to be questioned.
“The arrest does not detract from our efforts to find April and we remain committed to finding her.

“Her family has been informed of this development and as you would expect they continue to be supported by a family liaison officer.

“While this is a significant development in the investigation, I once again appeal to the public for information which may help us find April.

“We are looking to trace the movements of Mark Bridger between 6.30pm on Monday and 3.30pm on Tuesday and any sightings of him between these times.
“We also need information regarding the movements of the blue Land Rover Discovery registration L503 MEP between these times.”

originally from uk.yahoo.com

this is a sad story as this girl is only 5 years old. many people die everyday so you should value your life.

Speaking at a news conference, Superintendent Ian John said officers from all 44 forces across the UK are filtering through the information for clues to the little girl’s disappearance.

He also spoke about the difficulties of searching through the rugged terrain surrounding April’s home town of Machynlleth in mid Wales.

“Police searches have continued in and around Machynlleth and will continue tonight, regardless of the weather,” he added.

“We are having to search through difficult terrain in urban and rural environments, in demanding weather conditions we have experienced. The forecast for tonight is not good but we will continue this.”

Earlier, April’s sister made an emotional appeal for her safe return, saying: “I just want our beautiful princess home now. It’s been too long.”

Jasmine, 16, begged for her sister to come home as the massive police hunt involving helicopters, mountain rescue teams, coastguard vessels, and marine units continued.

She wrote on her Facebook page: “Knowing someone knows something but won’t say it makes me feel even worse.”

It has also been revealed that April’s father Paul has a degenerative eye disease and is unable to take part in the searches.

Machynlleth Town Council have today set up an appeal fund for April and her family.

Councillor Mike Williams told Sky News: “We’ve set up the fund as a result of all the requests we’ve had – not just from the town but all across the UK.”

Police are searching the three-bedroom cottage, outbuildings, and garden of suspect Mark Bridger, in the hamlet of Ceinws.

They are also launching a major search of the nearby Dyfi river, involving dog handlers.

Activity at Mr Bridger’s white farmhouse intensified as officers were given until 5pm tomorrow to question the 46-year-old. Officers have also searched a guesthouse where Mr Bridger is understood to have worked recently.

April’s family have launched a pink ribbon campaign to support the hunt and revealed that the little girl was suffering from cerebral palsy.

She has been missing since around 7pm on Monday when she vanished while playing with friends near her home on the Bryn-y-Gog estate.

Police are appealing for anyone who saw Mr Bridger or his blue Land Rover Discovery, registration number L503 MEP, in the hours between April’s disappearance and his arrest at 3.30pm on Tuesday.

Estate agents J H Jones in Machynlleth say his farmhouse, called Mount Pleasant, was sold by them last year. It was on the market for £170,000.

Neighbour Vivian Williams Jones, 68, said it had been empty for several years before Mr Bridger rented it out about a month ago.

“It was eventually sold to someone from London who bought it as a holiday home and never came down here,” he told Wales Online.

“I saw him about a month ago and he said that it was just too far for him and he was giving it the once-over before renting it out. I can’t say I’d ever seen him (Mr Bridger), apart from moving about inside.”

Meanwhile, people are being urged to fix a pink ribbon to their front doors or gates, or to a wear a pink ribbon, in support of the search. The five-year-old’s godmother Mair Raftree, 41, said pink was April’s favourite colour.

Prime Minister David Cameron joined police in urging anyone with information about the whereabouts of the “lovely girl” to speak to officers.

Anyone with information relating to the case is asked to call Child Rescue Alert Line on 0300 2000 333.

see the video at http://uk.news.yahoo.com/missing-april-jones-2-500-calls-public-164416834.html

A police officer guarding the closed off bridleway in Newton Stacey where the bodies of a man and two children were found

 

The family of two children whose bodies were found with their father’s in a countryside lane have spoken of their devastation.

The bodies of Michael, 51, Ben, seven, and Freya Pedersen, six, were found next to a Saab 900SE convertible car in the tiny lane at Newton Stacey, near Andover, Hampshire, at 6.15pm on Sunday.

The children’s maternal grandfather, William Clifford, 67, from Buckinghamshire, speaking outside his daughter Erica’s home in Ashford, Middlesex, said: “We are obviously devastated and what we would ask is that you respect our privacy in this matter. It is extremely distressing and that is all I want to say.”

Five police officers are on duty outside the address.

Detective Superintendent Tony Harris, of Hampshire police, said that the “tragic incident” happened during a visit to Mr Pedersen’s father during an arranged visit with his children from his estranged wife.

Mr Harris said that Surrey Police were considering referring the case to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) because of some previous contact with Mr Pedersen.

Mr Harris said the mother of the two children had alerted Surrey Police after Mr Pedersen, of Chertsey, Surrey, failed to return with the children at the arranged time of 5pm.

He said he believed the deaths happened at some point during the afternoon.

Mr Harris said: “A Home Office pathologist visited the scene and at this time it appears the children suffered fatal stab wounds and Mr Pedersen took his own life shortly afterwards.”

He added: “They were visiting relatives in Andover, which is nearby. It was the father of Mr Pedersen, the grandfather of the children.”

originally from uk.yahoo.com

what do you think about this news article? I think there are more deaths happening every day.

Two women, a Briton and an Australian, have been rescued near Ecuador’s border with Colombia a day after they were kidnapped.

Ecuadorian army officials have named the 23-year-old Briton as Katherine Sara Cox and the 32-year-old Australian as Fiona Louise Wilde. The British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) was unable to confirm the names.

Police and armed forces rescued the pair who are “in good condition”, according to Ecuador’s interior minister Jose Serrano.

The women were abducted while visiting the Cuyabeno nature reserve in the Tarapoa region, in Sucumbios province, officials said.

They were travelling in a canoe as part of a group of seven tourists – five foreigners and two Ecuadorans – and two local Ecuadorans working as guides. The other foreigners were not kidnapped.

Kidnappings are common among Colombian gangs.

Australia’s foreign ministry said its embassy in Chile was “working urgently with Canadian and British authorities in Ecuador to obtain more information”, and officials were also in contact with the Australian’s family.

Ecuador’s environment ministry has quoted local people as saying that three members of a Colombian gang of ex-paramilitary fighters known as the Black Eagles were behind the abduction.

A spokeswoman for the FCO said: “We are pleased it has been confirmed that the two women missing in Ecuador have been found and that their families have been informed.”

The FCO currently advises against all travel to the areas immediately bordering Colombia in Carchi province due to criminal activity and organised crime.

originally from http://uk.yahoo.com

what do you think is going on around here? what is happening to this world? leave your thoughts in a comment.

A search operation is under way for a British woman believed to have fallen overboard from a cruise ship in the Mediterranean.

The passenger was reported missing on the Aurora ship as it sailed from the Portuguese city Oporto to Barcelona, P&O Cruises said.

The ship’s crew were alerted and ordered an immediate search of the area which has so far failed to find the as-yet unnamed woman.

Authorities are now providing assistance for the missing woman’s family, the cruise operator said.

The Aurora left Southampton for a 14-night western Mediterranean cruise on September 26. P&O Cruises confirmed all passengers on board were British.

A statement from P&O Cruises said: “We can confirm a missing female presumed overboard from Aurora sailing from Oporto to Barcelona. The ship turned round to search for her and all relevant authorities have been advised.

“Aurora is on a 14-night Western Mediterranean cruise which left Southampton on Wednesday September 26. Our care team is supporting the family and offering assistance.”

Originally from uk.yahoo.com

what do you think about this?